Technology has shaped our world in many ways, and there’s no question that the tech industry will continue to be a dominant force in the years to come. In this article, we’ll look at five predictions for the tech industry that Susan Wojcicki Trumpfeinercnbc from AOL believes will happen over the next few years.
- AI will become more prevalent and integrated into our lives.
- More businesses will move online and away from traditional forms of customer service.
- Virtual reality technology will become more commonplace, allowing us to interactively experience different parts of the world.
- Augmented reality technology will continue to grow in popularity, allowing users to layer digital objects on top of real-world objects.
- The internet of things (IoT) will become more widespread, with devices such as cars and homes sharing data and communicating with one another wirelessly.
The tech industry will increasingly rely on artificial intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) advancements make the tech industry’s future look brighter than ever. As artificial intelligence becomes increasingly important in many industries, including retail, transportation, and healthcare, it’s no surprise that the tech industry is following suit.
The interaction between AI and humans still needs to be ironed out. For instance, by using AI to improve customer service or transportation systems, businesses can save money while providing better services to their customers and employees.
AOL CEO Susan Wojcicki shared her predictions for the tech industry during her keynote speech at the Code Conference last week. Here are five of her key points:
- AI will play a more significant role in digital marketing: According to Wojcicki, digital marketing will become increasingly automated thanks to advances in AI. Marketers can use machine learning algorithms to identify and target potential customers automatically. It could lead to significant savings for businesses as they won’t have to employ human workers to do this work anymore.
- AI will help us make more informed decisions: Another area where AI is likely to play a significant role in decision-making. With machines getting better at analyzing large data sets and making informed decisions on their own, businesses will be able to make better choices based on data analysis alone rather than relying on human intuition or biases. For example, insurance companies can use AI to assess risk better and offer more personalized rates to customers.
- AI will help us improve our productivity: As machines get better at doing tasks that used to be the domain of humans, businesses will be able to improve their productivity in some ways. It is now possible to train robots to perform repetitive tasks like packing and shipping. It could lead to significant savings for companies and increased employee efficiency.
- AI will change how we interact with technology: One of the benefits of AI is that it will change how we interact with technology. For example, instead of using voice assistants like Siri or Amazon’s Alexa, we’ll eventually be able to speak to our devices without manually entering information. It could lead to faster and more efficient technological interactions, making our lives more accessible.
- There’s still a lot of uncertainty surrounding AI: While all these predictions are interesting, there’s still a lot of uncertainty surrounding how exactly AI will impact the tech industry in the future. For now, it’s essential to stay tuned as new developments unfold and see just how far this technology can take us.
More companies will begin outsourcing their customer service
- More companies will begin outsourcing their customer service functions to third-party providers to save on costs.
- New technologies such as chatbots and virtual assistants will play a more significant role in customer service, allowing companies to reduce the workers they need.
- As customers become more comfortable using technology to interact with businesses, the need for human interaction will diminish.
We’ll see more virtual Reality and augmented reality technology
1. We’ll see more virtual Reality and augmented reality technology
Virtual and augmented Reality are both growing in popularity, with some companies betting on the platforms to future-proof their businesses. Here are three predictions for the tech industry based on VR and AR:
- VR will become mainstream: The first wave of VR headsets was bulky and expensive, but that’s starting to change. More developers are creating content for VR, and prices have fallen significantly. In 2017, HTC teamed up with HBO to create a six-part series called “Westworld,” exclusively released in VR. The show was well-received by critics, and other TV networks will likely follow suit with more VR content in the future.
- The ability to use AR in the real world makes it an excellent business tool. For instance, you could use AR to see how products look from different angles or to interact with them in real-time. Some big names like Amazon and Facebook have already experimented with AR, and we’re likely to see even more adoption shortly.
- Virtual Reality will take over: While some early adopters love VR, most people have yet to sell on the technology. That might change as prices continue to fall and quality increases. Once everyone has access to high-quality headsets, VR could become much more popular than either AR or traditional gaming platforms like PlayStation and Xbox.
The tech industry will see a shift to subscription-based services
- Technology companies are increasingly moving towards subscription-based services to generate higher profits.
- This shift will likely continue in the future, as it allows technology companies to charge users more for premium features while providing them with more value.
- AOL and Netflix, among others, are already moving in this direction.
- The impact of this trend on the overall market is still unclear, but it will likely have a significant effect on both consumers and businesses.
Social media will continue to grow, but with more moderation
Social media has always been a powerful way to connect with others, and its growth is only continuing to increase. However, with social media becoming more popular, there has also been an increase in cyberbullying and other online dangers. That’s why social media users need to be aware of the risks and take steps to protect themselves.
Here are five predictions for the future of social media:
- Social media will continue to grow, but with more moderation.
- More businesses will start using social media as a marketing tool.
- Social media will continue to play a role in elections and political campaigns.
- The use of social media by children will become increasingly regulated.